KAI has built up a strong portfolio of interiors over the years, one of our strengths lies in creating a strong concept. Sometimes clients like us to create a backstory to create more depth within an interior and this can lead to a better understanding of what you hope to offer your customers.
As every project is different we always create a design service which suits your needs, this service is based on the core of the design. We will create a full design package for you which will enable you to carry out the actual build yourself.
Over the years we are approached by many startup businesses who want to retain as much of their budget for actual build rather than on design fees. We are here to help and so have created several concept boxes for people to purchase which give you a clear design direction for the project enabling you to create your own design and build with all of our expertise
Current design packages available include:
– Victorian vintage
– Vintage industrial
– Bold contemporary
– Asian vintage
– Classic high end
Each concept box is provided to you in a printed format for you to work from. It is not supplied in digital format. We will provide you with samples to see and touch.
OUR CONCEPT BOXES INCLUDE:
1. Concept board – giving you a conceptual direction for the overall design and giving you an understanding of the background of the style we have specified.
2. Mood boards – showing the colour palette alongside product suggestions bringing the space together into a harmonious interior. You will have 5 mood boards within your pack [restaurant, bar, exterior (façade/terrace), WC’s lounge or main space]. You can then use the ones which are relevant for your project.
3. Schedule advice sheet – this is a helpful hint and tips sheet alongside a guide on timescales and what you should expect from the project
4. Lighting specification and light bulbs document
OPTIONAL BOLT ON– creating a lighting plan specific to your project can be carried out at an additional charge otherwise within your pack you will find our suggestions for light fittings alongside suggestions as to where each would be used within the design. Alongside this, we provide you with a light bulb document showing the correct wattage and style of bulbs required for each fitting.
5. Finishes schedule – this gives you a break down of all of our suggested paint finishes, wall coverings, tiles, special finishes for the space and suggestions for where you should use them.
6. Joinery – bespoke joinery can only be designed and drawn up when we are aware of the actual space, however, we have included a few of the essentials which are often required and they can be tweaked to suit your space from project to project including back bar design and fixed booth seating.
7. Product specification – A final schedule of products which you should purchase to bring together the design.